Australian Model Railway Association Victorian Branch Inc
A0016975R ABN: 24 066 992 397 www.amra-vic.org.au
AGENDA - July 2013 - January 2014
Issued July 2013
Monthly Social Meetings are held at the clubrooms on the Second Thursday each month, commencing at 20:00 and finishing at 22:30. The clubrooms are open at 19:30 for operation of HO trains on the club layout prior to the meeting.
· Timetable operation on the “Stonnington Valley” layout is held (unless the Note** below applies) on the First Sunday of each month commencing at 13:30 and finishing at 17:30, on the Saturday Following the Social Meeting of each month from 12:30 until 17:00, on the Second Friday Following the Social Meeting and the Last Friday of each month from 19:30 until 23:30. Waybill Sessions are held on the Last Saturday of each month from 11:30 until 17:30. DCC Running is held on the Fourth Sunday of each month from 13:30 until 17:30. UK operating sessions are held quarterly on the First Friday from 19:30 until 23:30.
· DCC Themed Running Sessions will be held on the Second Saturday Following the Social Meeting after the afternoon session from 18.00 to 22.00.
· Junior running days are held on the Second Saturday Following the Social Meeting (except August) during school terms, or on Wednesdays during school holidays, from 10:00 until about 15:00.
· Work nights on the club layouts are held each Tuesday at 19:30.
· Daylighters are retired people and anyone else interested in week-day attendance and operating the HO club layout. They meet each Monday, or the Tuesday following a public holiday, from 09:30 until 15:00.
· If you wish to operate your own HO rolling stock at these operating sessions it must be fitted with functional Kadee couplers and all goods trains must have a caboose, guard’s van or working flashing device indicating the rear of the train. You must be at the clubrooms at least 1/2 hour before starting time and, if there is an excess of rolling stock available, each member is limited to two trains on the layout.
· Large Scale Train Running on the Garden Railway is held on the Sunday Following the Social Meeting each month from 10:00 until 17:00.
**Note – Regularly scheduled activities (unless specifically mentioned) are not held on Public Holidays or during Holiday Weekends. Changes from the last Agenda, Special Activities or Variations from the standard operating sessions are shown overleaf in bold italics.
· Entries in the Photographic and Modelling Competitions are judged at the Social Meeting each month. There is no limit to the number of entries you may submit, however only the print gaining the highest number of points on a given night or the model gaining the highest number of points in a "standard subject" will be credited to your annual score. Trophies will be awarded annually in both competitions – Photographic (1) with the winner being the entrant with the highest score over at least 3 different photographic subjects – and Models (2), Beginner and Open, with the winners being the entrants with the highest aggregate score over at least 3 different “standard subjects” within a Division. Models are Judged in 2 Divisions – Beginner and Open – and 2 Sections – Scratchbuilt (% of 100 points) and Kit or Modified Commercial model (% of 75/100 points). There are 5 Standard Subjects for Models – Goods Rolling Stock (Feb & July), Maintenance of Way (Mar & Aug), Passenger Rolling Stock (April & Sept), Structure / Permanent Way / Diorama (May & Oct), Locomotive (June & Nov), Open – any of the 5 Standard Subjects (Dec).
· Changes to this Agenda will be announced at Social Meetings and will be printed in State News in Journal. You may telephone Ron Polistena (Secretary) on (03)97987609, or the organiser of the specific activity as listed below. The Agenda is published on the AMRA-VIC web site at www.amra-vic.org.au and changes on the blog site at http://stonningtonvalleyrailway.blogspot.com.au/
· Monthly Social Meetings, unless otherwise stated, are held at the clubrooms at 92 Wills Street, Glen Iris 3146. (Melways ref 59 H7) and there is adequate parking in the railway car-parks alongside and opposite the clubrooms. For Layout Operating Sessions access is from the rear of the clubrooms via Kerford Road (200 metres North of clubrooms) and the lane to the rear of the property. Note Only limited parking is available at the rear and alongside the clubrooms with two marked No Parking areas.
ACTIVITY ORGANISERS TELEPHONE
Bereavement Assistance Scheme Registrar Geoff Brown (03) 9367 6203
Clubroom Telephone number / answering machine (03) 9885 7034
Competition Organiser Geoff Brown (03) 9367 6203
Exhibition Manager Ronnie Hansen 0400 394 969
Garden Railway Co-ordinator Bill McKenzie (03) 9731 0364
Journal Sub-editor Tony Hough (03) 9802 4438
Librarian Bill Secker (03) 9888 1399
Layouts Manager Denis Kahl (03) 9820 9013
Stonnington Valley Layout Co-ordinator Bill Secker (03) 9888 1399
Australian Prototype Convenor Alan McKenna (03) 9547 6864
Daylighters Convenor Michael Formaini (03) 9803 3085
DCC Operation Convenor Sunday Paul Campbell 0402252 412 Saturday PM USA/UK ) Mark Canavan 0432 969 901
AUST ) Wayne Armstrong 0401 221 732
European Prototype Convenor John Gilmour (03) 9974 1481
Junior Running Day Convenor Gary Danson (03) 9795 4160
Saturday Running Day Convenor John Brown (03) 9807 1291
U.K. Prototype Convenor Stuart Westerman (03) 9583 8655
U.S.A. Prototype Convenor Gary Danson (03) 9795 4160
Waybill Session Convenor Denis Kahl (03) 9820 9013
Open Weekend Manager Vince Battiato 0418 544 700
Willsland Sales Manager Leigh Sargent 03) 9434 2836
Note the DCC on Saturday nights after the General -BYO timetable has a new starting finishing time